Buffalo Chicken Skewers (Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings)
- 12 servings
- 3 -8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6- to 8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbs. prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Sprinkle of chili powder or cayenne pepper to top (optional)
- 1 -2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into sticks
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into sticks
- 5 -10 broccoli florets
Blue Cheese Dip
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 60 minutes. Cut each chicken breast into 4 2-ounce strips and skewer them onto the bamboo skewers. Clean and cut all the vegetables.
In a small bowl, mix together Louisiana hot sauce, white vinegar, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, Worcestershire and salt. In another small mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients for blue cheese dip. Garnish with a sprinkle of chili powder or cayenne pepper, optional).
Preheat a grill or grill pan. Lightly season the skewers with salt and pepper. Grill the skewers on both sides until cooked through, approximately 2-4 minutes on each side. Place the hot sauce mixture onto a rimmed plate. Generously coat each skewer in the hot sauce mixture.
Serve skewers immediately with the blue cheese dip and fresh cut vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine