- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork butt
- 1 cup water
- Flour or corn tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Cut the pork into 4 pieces and place in a deep pot. Add the water to the pot, cover, and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the pork from the pot and chop into bite-sized pieces.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Old Town Mexican Cafe