Beef and Scallop Skewers with Romesco Sauce
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin, large dice
- 6 scallops. cleaned
- 2 tablespoons pre-mixed jerk seasoning
- 1/2 red pepper, large dice
- 1/2 red onion, large dice
- 1/2 pablano pepper, diced large
- 1 packages pre-made polenta, sliced into large batons
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 red pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts canola oil, for frying
Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat the grill. Preheat frying oil to 375 degrees F.
Marinate the scallops and beef in jerk seasoning. Let sit for 10 minutes refrigerated.
In a blender add in the roasted peppers, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, oil and vinegar. Blend well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Begin skewering the beef, scallops and vegetables. Use all. Dredge the polenta in flour and fry the batons until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
On a serving plate, stack the polenta "fries" with a dollop of romesco sauce on the side. Place the skewers on top of each other and serve warm.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Copyright 2003, Cat Cora, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa