- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 (5 count) package chicken thighs, about 2 to 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine
Combine flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a flat dish or pie plate. Dredge chicken thighs lightly in flour mixture, patting off excess. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil, when oil is hot add chicken, browning on both sides, about 5 minutes.
In the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker add, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, chili flakes, remaining salt and pepper, basil and parsley. Add chicken, chicken broth and wine. Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.