- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 or 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- 6 thick strips smoked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Make the dressing: Whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste in a small bowl until smooth.
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
Roughly chop the lettuce, then toss with some of the dressing in a serving bowl. Top with the tomatoes and scallions. Scatter the bacon and blue cheese over the salad; season with pepper and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with more dressing on the side.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim