- Homemade Chicken Broth:
- 2 quarts water
- 3 chicken thighs and 2 necks
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 fresh sprig rosemary
- 1 fresh sprig thyme
- 1 fresh sprig sage
- 1 fresh sprig savory (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup bacon fat
- 4 cups day old cornbread, crumbled
- 2 slices day old bread crumbled, optional
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves, or dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped sage leaves, or dry sage
- Whole cranberries strained from can
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sauteed oysters
- Diced cooked chicken
DirectionsHomemade Chicken Broth:
In a large pot, bring the broth ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saute pan, add the celery, onion, green pepper and bacon fat and saute until until the onions are translucent. Add the cornbread, day old bread, if using, broth, thyme and sage. Stir to combine and put in an 8 by 8-inch oven-proof baking dish. The mixture will be moist. Bake until the edges become brown, about 30 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.