- 2 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet piquante peppers
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet gherkins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Brush the corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill until golden and toasted on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes, turning as needed.
Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the sweet piquante peppers, onion, gherkins, parsley, jalapeno and sugar in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slice the corn kernels off the cobs and toss with the relish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with grilled sausage.
Photograph by Rick Lew
Click here to enter title
- Click to enter item text. Then, hit 'return' to add additional items.