Easy Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped red onion
In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook until tender about 5-8 minutes. Stir in spices and toss to coat vegetables. Pour in stock and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. In a blender, puree half of the soup until smooth and stir back into soup pot. Serve hot with garnishes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.