Fettuccini with Walnuts and Parsley
- 12 ounces (3/4 box) whole-wheat fettucine
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -ounce grated Parmesan (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups arugula leaves, gently packed
Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes.
In the pot the pasta was cooked in, heat the olive oil over low heat, add the garlic stirring until soft and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes (be careful not to burn it). Return the pasta to the pot, add the broth, all but 2 tablespoons of the walnuts, the parsley, salt and pepper and toss to combine, cooking over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and toss to combine. Arrange 1/2 cup of arugula leaves on each of 4 serving plates. Top each with about 2 cups of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, the reserved walnuts and more parsley. Serve hot.
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, Manganese
Good source of: Folate, Copper, Magnesium, Calcium
2007 Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.