- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly into half moons
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (about 1/2 pound) washed, dried and coarsely chopped (5 cups)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in boiling water for 10 minutes, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti tossed with 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
In a medium bowl, separate 5 of the egg whites, discarding the yolks. Add the remaining 5 whole eggs to the bowl with the whites and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Heat the oil in large oven-proof, nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Add the pasta to the pan and stir to combine. Pour the eggs evenly over the pasta and vegetables. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until eggs are set on the edges but not in the middle.
Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with cheese and place under the broiler. Cook until the top is set and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the eggs will become tough. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.Per Serving:
Calories 220; Total Fat 9 g; (Sat Fat 2.5 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 0.75 g) ; Protein 15 g; Carb 20 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 185 mg; Sodium 540 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate, Vitamin K, Manganese, Selenium
Good source of: Fiber, Riboflavin, Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium
Thank you! your flag was submitted.