- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, bottom 4 inches only, washed well and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 individual-sized baking dishes with cooking spray.
Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few turns of pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning once. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add 2 more teaspoons of the oil, the leeks, and the celery to the pan and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, green beans, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the milk to the pan. Stir the flour into the chicken broth until dissolved and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the reserved chicken, peas, parsley, and thyme. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dishes.
Put the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil into a small bowl. Unroll the phyllo dough and cut it into quarters. Place a quarter sheet on top of each baking dish and brush with olive oil. Repeat with remaining 3 baking dishes. Tuck the edges of the phyllo into the dish rim. Top each pie with Parmesan.
Place on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes.