Emeril Lagasse's Grilled Vietnamese-Style Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallion whites
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped lemongrass bottoms
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Rinse the wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl while you prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, scallions, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanut oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
Pour the marinade over the wings and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the wings from the marinade; reserve the marinade to brush the wings while they cook. Place the wings on the grill, season with 1 teaspoon salt and cook, turning every few minutes and basting with the marinade for the first 18 or so minutes. Continue to grill the wings until cooked through, 8 to 10 more minutes.
Place the wings on a serving platter and garnish with the peanuts and cilantro.
Photograph by Con Poulos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Vietnamese-style Chicken Wings, Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Red Hot Sticky Wings, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.