Hot Corn Dip with Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears fresh white or yellow corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces monterey jack or cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, jalapeno, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Transfer to the bowl with the corn. Add the mayonnaise, 1/2 of the monterey jack and half of the cheddar, and the cayenne and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot with the chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.