Oven-Crispy French Fries With Paprika-Parmesan Salt
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse from "Fresh Food Fast" by Emeril Lagasse, Harper Studio Publisher, New York, 2009. Courtesy MSLO, Inc. for Food Network Magazine
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed well
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence seasoning or Creole seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Pat the potatoes dry and cut them lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Turn each slice flat and slice again lengthwise into even 1/2-inch-thick fries. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss well to combine, then transfer the fries to a large baking sheet and arrange them in one even layer so that they are not touching. Roast, scraping the potatoes from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and turning them over halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 30 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir to blend. When the potatoes are crisp and brown, sprinkle with the paprika-parmesan salt. Serve hot.
Photograph by Kang Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.