- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Roma plum tomatoes, broken into pieces, with juice
- 1 cup tightly packed, pitted, and halved Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons minced anchovy fillets (about 8 fillets)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked to al dente
In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, about 40 minutes. Adjust seasoning, to taste, cover and set aside. Add penne pasta to the pan and toss for 1 minute.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.