- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups seafood stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound (2 cups) Arborio rice
- 2 pounds assorted Mediterranean shellfish and seafood
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring. Saute until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
Clean, trim and dice the shellfish and seafood. Season the seafood with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 6 minutes. Stir in the butter, cream, cheese, and green onions. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Spoon the risotto in the center of each shallow bowl. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 1998