Stove-Top Crawfish Boil
- 2 bags crab boil (such as Old Bay seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon liquid crab boil (available from specialty food stores)
- 3 lemons, halved
- 1 pound small red bliss potatoes
- 4 garlic bulbs, halved horizontally
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 pounds live crawfish (seasonally available in some places -- there is no substitute)
- 12 ounces link Andouille sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ears corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- Salt and cayenne
In a very large pot heat 3 gallons of water until nearly boiling. Add dry and liquid crab boil, squeeze in lemons, then throw in potatoes, garlic and onions. Boil 10 minutes. Add everything else. Cover and boil 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Uncover, sprinkle in 1/4 cup salt and 1 tablespoon cayenne, stir it up, cover again and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain off liquid. Line table with newspaper and dig in.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.