- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) butterscotch morsels
- Granulated sugar, for tops of cookies
- Chocolate sauce, for dipping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter. Beat with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg, blend well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to dough mixture and mix well. With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in butterscotch chips. Take small dollops of dough and shape, with your hands, into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheets. Make sure that the cookies are at leat 2 inches apart from each other because they will spread. Dip a fork into sugar and flatten the balls lightly with the fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake cookies for 6 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately and place on wire racks to cool thoroughly. After cookies have cooled, dip in chocolate sauce.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.