- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki glaze
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for hands
- 4 sesame buns, split and toasted
- 4 leaves red lettuce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, halved, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Ginger Mayonnaise, recipe follows
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, panko, egg, green onions, chopped cilantro, garlic, chili sauce, and salt. With oiled hands, form mixture into 4 patties. In a small bowl, mix together the teriyaki glaze and honey.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken patties and cook on both sides, brushing each side with the teriyaki-honey mixture, about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Place burgers on toasted buns and top with lettuce, cucumber, and Ginger Mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and cucumber slices.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.