Antipasto Chef's Salad
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables), drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces deli-sliced salami, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces baby kale or other hearty salad greens, torn (about 5 cups)
Put the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water by 2 inches; bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool.
Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a pot of salted water, bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
Whisk the vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking, until the dressing is creamy. Add the potatoes, giardiniera, salami, olives, chives and kale, and toss.
Peel and quarter the eggs. Add to the salad and gently toss.
Per serving: Calories 400; Fat 24 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 229 mg; Sodium 811 mg; Carbohydrate 35 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 14 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Thank you! your flag was submitted.