Arugula-Prosciutto Flatbread Pizzas
- 2 pieces lavash or other flatbread, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 bulb fennel, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly brush the lavash with olive oil, then grill until marked on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the bread and immediately top with the fontina. Continue grilling until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with the prosciutto.
Combine the arugula, fennel, parsley and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss. Pile on top of the pizzas; sprinkle with the gorgonzola.
Photograph by Justin Walker