Bacon and Broccoli Rice Bowl
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Who says bacon and eggs can't be healthy? When used sparingly and in the right way, you need only a little. If you're in the mood for something[ a little fancier, dress this rice bowl up by poaching the egg instead of hard-cooking it.]
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Cover the eggs with about 1 inch of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a high simmer, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 8 minutes. Run under cold water; peel and quarter each.
Meanwhile, arrange the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the bacon from the skillet and chop into bite-size pieces.
Whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the rice, broccoli and scallion whites and toss to combine. Cover and microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and the rice is warmed through, about 6 minutes.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.