Bacon, Peach and Arugula Sandwiches
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 thick slices multigrain bread
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Baby arugula, for topping
- Cornichons or other pickles, for serving (optional)
While the bacon is cooking, pulse the basil, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a mini food processor (or finely chop the basil and whisk with the other ingredients) until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and pulse until just combined.
Per serving: Calories 399; Fat 25 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 887 mg; Carbohydrate 30 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 13 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.