- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, washed and dried thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, and salt and puree. While the motor is running, drizzle in the oil until incorporated. Season with pepper to taste. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator with a piece of plastic wrap placed right on the surface of the pesto to prevent discoloration, for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.