Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 1/3 cup whipped ef="http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/cream-cheese/index.html" class="crosslink" debug="16 28">cream cheese
- 1/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for topping
- 4 frozen waffles (untoasted)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons jam (any flavor)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more if needed
- Ground cinnamon, for topping
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side, adding more butter to the pan if needed. (Adjust the heat if the waffles are browning too quickly.)
Let the sandwiches rest 1 minute before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
Photograph by Sam Kaplan
Thank you! your flag was submitted.