Broiled Bluefish with Tomato, Olive, and Caper Compote
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (with leaves)
- 1 pound vine ripened plum or round tomatoes, halved, seeds squeezed out, and diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Four 8-ounce center-cut bluefish fillets, skin-on
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Make the compote. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and celery, season with pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers and cook, stirring, until hot, about 2 minutes more.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
Place a rack 5 inches from the broiler element and preheat.
Prepare the fish. Using a sharp knife, slash the bluefish skin to form cross-hatch marks. Transfer the fillets to a foil-lined baking sheet and brush all over with the oil. Season with salt and generously with pepper. Broil the fish skin-side down, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. (If the skin comes loose during cooking, you may remove and discard it.)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Broiled Black Sea Bass with Enchilada Sauce, Mexican Rice and Refried Beans, Broiled Fluke Fillets with Asian Vinaigrette and Sesame Asparagus, Broiled Fish with Shrimp and Jalapeno-smoked Corn Beurre Blanc, Anchovy, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Baked Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.