Broiled Chicken With Peppers
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- 8 small skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 to 6 pickled cherry peppers, seeded and sliced, plus 1/3 cup brine
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with the oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the potato to the skillet and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until slightly soft, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium; add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the cherry peppers and brine and cook, scraping up the pan with a wooden spoon, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
Return the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with the parsley. Toss with tongs, then set the chicken skin-side up on top of the vegetables. Broil until the skin is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 611; Fat 42 g (Saturated 10 g); Cholesterol 169 mg; Sodium 243 mg; Carbohydrate 20 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 38 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Broiled Chicken Thighs with Fennel, Onions, and Roasted Red Peppers, Mahogany Broiled Chicken with Smoky Lime Sweet Potatoes and Cilantro Chimichurri, Lemon Basil Chicken Salad, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Potato Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Red Potato
Thank you! your flag was submitted.