Broken Lasagna With Zucchini-Tomato Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds), coarsely grated
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles (not no-boil), broken into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (1 cup whole, 1 cup halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 small bunch chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, toss the zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a colander set over a large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes, then gently squeeze out the excess moisture.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until blistered and slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and lemon zest and cook, lightly crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the zucchini-tomato mixture to a large bowl. Add the pasta and cheese and toss. Stir in half of the chives and about 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, adding more to loosen, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and the remaining chives.
Per serving: Calories 478; Fat 13 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 36 mg; Sodium 407 mg; Carbohydrate 73 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 17 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.