Chicken and Broccolini Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon egg white (about 1/2 large egg white)
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 bunches broccolini, tough stems trimmed, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 baby bell peppers (any color), sliced into thin rings
- 1 to 2 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or chopped cashews, toasted
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk the egg white, mirin and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch, the oyster sauce and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl.
Add the broccolini to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Increase the heat to high and add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add the scallions and peppers; stir-fry 1 more minute. Add the chicken, broccolini and nuts and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium; whisk the oyster sauce mixture and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 351; Fat 13 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 66 mg; Sodium 254 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 34 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.