Chicken With Arugula Pesto
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces orecchiette (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons almonds or hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; about 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the green beans. Drain the pasta and beans and rinse under cold water. Toss with half of the cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the lemon zest and salt.
Preheat the broiler. Puree the arugula, parsley, nuts, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons water, the remaining cheese and 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt to taste in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and season with salt. Rub all over with 1/4 cup of the arugula pesto and broil, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Arrange the tomatoes cut-side up on another baking sheet and broil 2 minutes. Spread each with some pesto and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Broil until golden, 1 more minute. Serve the chicken, tomatoes and pasta salad with the remaining pesto.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri