Chicken with Warm Potato Salad
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 3 -ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds thin-cut skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups baby arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water; season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until almost tender, about 12 minutes. Add the green beans and continue cooking until the beans and potatoes are tender, about 3 more minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Gently stir in the roasted red peppers, vinegar, scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, then the chicken and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Add the arugula to the potato salad and toss; top with the goat cheese and serve with the chicken.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray