Chicken with Warm Potato Salad
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 3 -ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds thin-cut skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups baby arugula (about 2 ounces)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water; season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until almost tender, about 12 minutes. Add the green beans and continue cooking until the beans and potatoes are tender, about 3 more minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Gently stir in the roasted red peppers, vinegar, scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, then the chicken and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Add the arugula to the potato salad and toss; top with the goat cheese and serve with the chicken.
Photograph by Justin Walker
More Recipes and Ideas:
Red Chile Chicken Wings with Chipotle Honey Glaze, Rolled Chicken Sandwich with Arugula and Parsley Aioli, Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Pretzel Baguette with Citrus Mustard, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Potato Recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes