Chinese Dumpling Soup
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 2 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably dark
- 1/4 cup Chinese Shaoxing rice wine, dry sherry or white vermouth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound frozen Chinese dumplings, pork or shrimp (about 24)
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
Bring the broth, ginger, soy sauce, wine, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and a pinch of salt to a boil in a soup pot over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Add the carrots and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the dumplings and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions and spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.