Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens
If you love risotto but want something quicker, this simple orzo takes half the time. Rich cheese and cream are switched out for tangy Greek[ yogurt and goat cheese for equally-satisfying creaminess. Sweet green peas and fragrant fresh tarragon and basil scream spring - though this dish is a year-round classic. Get your fork-and appetite-ready.]
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup whole wheat or other whole grain orzo
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed and patted dry
- 2 ounces finely crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as basil and tarragon
Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium heat. Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill until nicely marked and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board at let stand for at least 5 minutes.
Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, stirring in the peas the last minute of cooking. Drain the orzo and peas, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Stir the orzo and peas into the yogurt mixture, along with the goat cheese, 3 tablespoons of the fresh herbs and at least 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid, until well combined. Transfer to a platter.
Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.