Curried Chicken Pockets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 11 -ounce tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot, curry powder, ginger and garlic and cook until the shallot is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste; let the mixture cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and brush a baking sheet lightly with vegetable oil. On a floured surface, roll out the dough and fill the dinner pockets. Step-by-step directions.
Place the pockets seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; brush the pockets with the egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
Thank you! your flag was submitted.