Flourless Carrot Bundt Cake
- For the cake:
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup kosher potato starch
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3 to 4 large carrots)
- 2 large eggs plus 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped (optional)
- Pinch of kosher salt
Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Whisk the almond flour, potato starch, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a large bowl; stir in the carrots.
Combine the whole eggs and 1 cup granulated sugar in another large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and thick, about 3 minutes. Gently fold in the carrot mixture.
Put the egg whites in another large bowl and beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until just foamy. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form, 6 to 8 more minutes.
Gently fold the beaten egg white mixture into the carrot mixture in 3 additions until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake springs back when pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely in the pan, then invert onto a platter.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Alton's Breakfast Carrot Cake(00:03:17)
How to Make 'Whoopeeps'(00:02:18)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.