Foil-Packet Chicken Puttanesca
- 4 8 -ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 15 -ounce can cherry tomatoes
- 1 9 -ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 demi baguette or 1/2 regular baguette, split
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay out four 12-by-18-inch sheets of foil. Drizzle each sheet with olive oil, then top each with a chicken breast.
Combine the tomatoes, artichokes, olives, capers, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a bowl; divide evenly over the chicken. Fold up the edges of the foil and seal each to form a packet; set on a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt in a bowl; spread over the baguette halves and sprinkle with the parmesan and parsley. Bake until the bread is golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut each piece in half.
Open the foil packets and serve with the garlic bread.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe coutesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray