Gluten-Free Chocolate Frangipane Tart
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
The nutty, roasted chocolate flavor of this elegant tart pairs well with the juicy fruit of a merlot or the chocolaty tannins of a cabernet[. Serve with creme fraiche for a mid-day treat.]
- 1 1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, in pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup dried black mission figs, halved (5 to 6 figs)
- Creme fraiche, for serving, optional
1. For the crust: Pulse together the ground almonds, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until the dough just begins to come together, but is not sticky or wet, about 10 pulses. Remove the blade and turn the dough out into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Carefully press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. For the filling: Separate the eggs and whip the whites until they just hold stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix until smooth. Stir in the almonds and melted chocolate. Gently fold in the egg whites. Spoon into the chilled crust.
3. Bake until the chocolate just starts to set, 15 minutes. Press the figs gently into the filling in a circle around the tart and continue baking until slightly puffed and set throughout, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool. Cut and serve with creme fraiche, if desired.
Total Fat: 58 grams
Saturated Fat: 27 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 58 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Sodium: 226 milligrams
Cholesterol: 190 milligrams
Fiber: 6 grams
Blueberry Brunch Pancakes(00:03:07)
How to Make a Frittata(00:03:29)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Amaretto Chocolate Tart with Apricot Cream, Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cardamom Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream, Spun Sugar Bird's Nests and Jewel-Encrusted Bird's Eggs, Chocolate-Toffee Pecan Tart, Dessert Pizza Recipes, Italian Dessert, Tiramisu Recipes, Chess Pie Recipes, Zabaglione Recipes, Easy Dessert
Thank you! your flag was submitted.