Greek Shrimp and Couscous
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 small bulb fennel, halved, cored and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 15 -ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
Prepare the couscous as the label directs. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Preheat the broiler. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Add the tomatoes, fennel and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a simmer, then add the chickpeas and 1/3 cup water; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chickpeas are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the skillet and add the scallions and 1 tablespoon dill. Top with the feta, transfer to the broiler and broil until golden, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon dill. Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve with the shrimp mixture.
Per serving: Calories 481; Fat 14 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol185 mg; Sodium 392 mg; Carbohydrate 51 g; Fiber 10 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
More Recipes and Ideas:
Shrimp Scampi over Pesto Couscous, 20-Minute Shrimp and Couscous With Yogurt-Hummus Sauce, Greek Orzo and Grilled Shrimp Salad with Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Shrimp Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.