Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Yogurt Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 2 lamb blade steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, coarsely grated and squeezed dry (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes the size of the tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the lamb steaks with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 teaspoons garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Mix together the Greek yogurt, cucumbers, dill, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic in a bowl and add salt to taste. Set aside.
3. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
4. Toss the tomatoes and zucchini with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Thread the skewers alternating the lamb, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini, then sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb to medium-rare, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Serve with the yogurt sauce.
Total Fat: 32 grams
Saturated Fat: 10.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 7 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Sodium: 215 milligrams
Cholesterol: 81 milligrams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.