Grilled Steak and Vegetables With Lemon-Herb Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 large zucchini or yellow squash, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat a grill to medium high. Combine the steak, red onion and zucchini in a large bowl. Add the barbecue sauce, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash the butter with the parsley, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Transfer the steak to the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare; remove to a cutting board and let rest. Add the vegetables to the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, about 8 minutes.
Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Top each piece with some of the lemon-herb butter. Serve with the grilled vegetables.
Per serving: Calories 326; Fat 13 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 84 mg; Sodium 613 mg; Carbohydrate 12 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 39 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
More Recipes and Ideas:
The Last 'Stagon (Grilled Flank Steak) with Ying Yang Vegetables, Tre Colore Pesto and Grilled Steak with Quick Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic, Grilled Sirloin Steak with Summer Vegetable Ragout and Steak Fries, Heart Healthy Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Steak Recipes, Eggplant, Low-Calorie Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.