Grilled Steak and Vegetables With Lemon-Herb Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 large zucchini or yellow squash, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat a grill to medium high. Combine the steak, red onion and zucchini in a large bowl. Add the barbecue sauce, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash the butter with the parsley, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Transfer the steak to the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare; remove to a cutting board and let rest. Add the vegetables to the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, about 8 minutes.
Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Top each piece with some of the lemon-herb butter. Serve with the grilled vegetables.
Photograph by Justin Walker
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tre Colore Pesto and Grilled Steak with Quick Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic, Love Me Tenderloin Minute-Steaks with Fried Okra, Grilled Giant Porterhouse (or T-bone) with Grilled Exotic Mushrooms, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Filet Mignon Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilled Salmon Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes