Mexican Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium rib celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups chicken broth, low-sodium canned
- 1/4 cup canned green chiles
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can posole, drained or frozen corn kernels
- 4 canned whole peeled tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked skinless shredded chicken breast (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and cook until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the green chiles, posole, tomatoes, and oregano and cook for another 5 minutes.
Pull the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chicken, cilantro leaves, and lime juice. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls, Chicken Tortilla Soup with Chipotle and Fire Roasted Tomato, Italian Chicken Soup with "Toasted" Parmesan Gnocchi, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Split Pea Soup Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.