Middle Eastern-Style Chicken, Veggies and Rice
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens
This one-dish meal is packed with flavor, and as easy as it is healthy. Rotisserie chicken, microwavable brown rice and pre-trimmed beans[ make this meal a cinch to prepare in less than 30 minutes. The bold spice blend and toasted nuts bring warm Moroccan flavor that'll make this dish memorable.]
- Two 8.5-to-8.8-ounce packages 90-second, microwave-ready whole grain brown rice, or 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat, about 2 cups (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend ( ras el hanout) or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Prepare the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large deep skillet over high heat. Add the green beans and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir-fry until the green beans and peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in the shredded chicken, rice, spice blend and 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until no excess liquid remains, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the parsley and pine nuts and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.