Nutty Fig Toasts
- 8 to 10 fresh figs, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup salted roasted mixed nuts, plus chopped nuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toasted multigrain bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the figs with the olive oil and a pinch of salt in a baking dish. Roast until soft, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the nuts and peanut oil in a food processor until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the ricotta, honey and cinnamon and pulse until combined, about 1 minute.
Spread the ricotta mixture on the bread and top with the roasted figs. Drizzle with honey and top with chopped nuts.
Photograph by Kang Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.