Pasta with Pancetta and Lentils
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces bucatini or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pancetta (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14 -ounce can lentils, drained
- 1 28 -ounce can whole plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; drain.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 7 minutes. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lentils, then add the tomatoes, 2 cups water, the basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a boil; cook 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 650; Fat 20 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 1,099 mg; Carbohydrate 91 g; Fiber 14 g; Protein 26 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fire Island Burst Tomato Pasta with Lemon Herbed Goat Cheese Balls, Wild Mushroom Pasta, Pick-a-Pepper Pasta (Bucatini with Hot and Sweet and Pickled Peppers Sauce), Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Stuffed Shells Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.