- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 2 large rectangles shredded wheat cereal
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Combine the rhubarb, sugar, honey, butter and cinnamon in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce once or twice to allow steam to escape. Microwave until the rhubarb is tender, about 6 minutes. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and stir.
Meanwhile, break the shredded wheat into smaller pieces in a bowl. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
Photograph by Jonny Valiant