- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 2 large rectangles shredded wheat cereal
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Combine the rhubarb, sugar, honey, butter and cinnamon in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce once or twice to allow steam to escape. Microwave until the rhubarb is tender, about 6 minutes. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and stir.
Meanwhile, break the shredded wheat into smaller pieces in a bowl. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
Spoon the rhubarb compote into bowls, top with ice cream and sprinkle with the shredded wheat.
Photograph by Jonny Valiant
Thank you! your flag was submitted.