Sesame-Pecan Chicken Strips
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
Whisk the mustard, peach preserves, thyme, 1 tablespoon water and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip the chicken strips in the egg whites and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Working in batches, cook the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the peach-mustard sauce.
Per serving: Calories 528; Fat 29 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 82 mg; Sodium 903 mg; Carbohydrate 29 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 40 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.