Smoked Pork Chops With Corn and Okra
- 4 bone-in smoked pork chops (3/4 inch thick), or 1 1/4 pounds ham steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ears corn, shucked and kernels cut off
- 1/4 pound okra, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
Sprinkle the pork chops with pepper and Cajun seasoning to taste. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and okra and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato, 3 tablespoons water, the honey and 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning; cook until the tomato is slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the chops to the skillet; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the chops are heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 276; Fat 10 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 32 mg; Sodium 846 mg; Carbohydrate 30 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 21 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.