Smoked Turkey Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups mesclun salad greens (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced smoked turkey breast, cut in thin strips
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup walnuts halves, toasted
Whisk the mustard, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.
Toss the salad greens with the fennel in a large bowl. Add the smoked turkey along with the goat cheese, and walnuts to the salad. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the dressing. Divide the salad among 2 plates and serve.
Copyright (c) 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee