Southwestern Pork Cutlets
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 poblano chile peppers or green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 pounds pork cutlets, about 1/4 inch thick
- Salsa verde and lime wedges, for serving (optional)
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Toss the sweet potatoes and peppers with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Bake on the lower oven rack until tender and charred in spots, about 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, set a wire rack on another rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Stir the mayonnaise, milk, chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Place the panko in another large bowl. Add the pork to the mayonnaise mixture and turn to coat. One at a time, transfer each cutlet to the bowl of panko and turn to coat; arrange on the wire rack. Coat both sides of the cutlets generously with cooking spray.
Bake the cutlets on the upper oven rack until golden brown and cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes. Serve the pork with the roasted vegetables, salsa verde and lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 841; Fat 42 g (Saturated 11 g); Cholesterol 159 mg; Sodium 1,102 mg; Carbohydrate 58 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 53 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Pork Cutlets with Homemade BBQ Sauce and Cilantro Potato Salad, Corn Flakes® Encrusted Pork Cutlet Sandwich on a Buttermilk Biscuit, Maple Mustard Barbecued Pork Chops, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Pork Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.