Spice Rubbed Lamb Chops with Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 loin lamb chops
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and salt it generously. Add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Just before beans are done toss in the shallots. Drain and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle the beans and shallots with olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Mix the 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. Brush each lamb chop lightly with the olive oil and season with the spice mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chops in the skillet, without crowding until brown and crisp on both sides, about 3 or 4 minutes for both sides. Finish chops in the oven for 1 minute for medium rare, or to desired doneness. Place the lamb chops around the beans and serve.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens