Spice Rubbed Lamb Chops with Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 loin lamb chops
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and salt it generously. Add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Just before beans are done toss in the shallots. Drain and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle the beans and shallots with olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Mix the 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. Brush each lamb chop lightly with the olive oil and season with the spice mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chops in the skillet, without crowding until brown and crisp on both sides, about 3 or 4 minutes for both sides. Finish chops in the oven for 1 minute for medium rare, or to desired doneness. Place the lamb chops around the beans and serve.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.